Firstly, welcome to Lyd on Life
My first blogger nomination. Yay!
I was nominated for a Bloggers Recognition Award by Pearl from The Pearly Life blog. So exciting! I’ve been away from Lyd On Life for a while now so to come back and find out my blog has been nominated for the first time on WordPress is a lovely welcome.
I am very appreciative that the lovely Pearl not only nominated my blog but follows and interacts with my blog. Thank you! It’s encouraging to know that someone enjoys what you do, even if you only do it for fun and not quite sure of what you are doing.
I’ve never read a bloggers award post before so had to read a few to understand the idea behind it. Pearl’s post was first on my reading list. Check her’s out!
Ok, lets get into it.
BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award. Give a brief story about how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advise to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide a link to the post you created.
How My Blog Started:
I started my blog in September 2016. Since then, it’s gone through a few changes as i tried to figure out what the hell I’m doing on the blogosphere. I’ve always been curious about how other people live their lives. From watching YouTube videos, SnapChat stories to reading personal blogs. I felt that navigating through this life is easier when we share what we’ve learned in our pursuit of happiness. Whether it be career, relationships, self-love, self discovery or motherhood, I was inspired by other peoples journeys and thought why not share my own. Help someone, even if it’s just one person. So Lyd On Life was born. A place where I share my experience and the many things that I’m learning in my day-to-day life as I pursue my own happiness. I enjoy writing and sharing the little wisdoms I acquire through my experiences. This blog is a work in progress, as am I and I’m excited about where I can take it.
Advice for New Bloggers:
- Your about page is worth writing: Before you go writing your first blog post, I think it’s important to make sure you have written what your blog is about, why you started and what people can gain from it. For me, it acts as a constant reminder of why I started this blog when whenever I’m tempted to do what other people are doing or feel frustrated when nobody reads or likes my posts.
- Get involved with other blogs: You can learn a lot from other bloggers. Search for bloggers who are writing about topics you are interested in and get some inspiration from them. It helps, especially when you read about how they started and the struggles they faced as well as their success. It takes time and it will happen, if you work hard for it. I believe that.
I’m still new to this and still discovering bloggers so here are a few I enjoy reading
Lydia x | http://www.lydonlife.wordpress.com