“What you do after you create your content is what truly counts..” ~ Gary Vaynerchuk
Welcome to Lyd on Life
Thank you so much to Sarah for this nomination. This is my second award nomination since starting Lyd on Life and believe it’s such an amazing concept. It not only helps fairly new bloggers slowly find their feet, it also introduces you to so many other bloggers. I’m falling in love with the blogging community more and more.
Ever since I joined the blogging community I’ve experienced nothing but support. I was so excited to receive a twitter notification informing me that I’d been nominated by the lovely Sarah Walker (Yellow Feather) for a Liebster Award. The award is given to bloggers by other bloggers and is a great way to discover growing blogs.
Here are the rules:
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator has asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (with under 200 Twitter followers)
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Let them know that you have nominated them
So let’s get started! Here are my answers to Sarah’s questions:
What’s your favourite place you’ve ever visited?
Last year I went to Mombasa, Kenya for my friend’s wedding. I’m originally from Kenya but have lived in London since I was 5. I’ve travelled to Kenya a few times since moving to London but most of the time I’m visiting family or trotting around with my mum to view her ever growing plots. This was the first time I had travelled to Kenya without my family and the second time I visited Mombasa. 2 weeks of sun, sea and safari (and an Asian wedding). This was also the first holiday K and I had been to outside Europe. It was an amazing 2 weeks and I can’t wait to go back next year (hopefully).
Snow or sand?
Sand, definitely sand. Where there is sand there is sun and hopefully a mango tree and a beach nearby.
What’s your party trick?
I don’t think I have one. If I do, I’ve probably been too drunk to remember.
What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
The freedom and ability to use your own thoughts and experiences to help a random stranger. Even if it’s just one. Also, the support you get from the blogging community. I was afraid that blogging would be overly competitive but I was so wrong. And I’m glad.
Who’s your celebrity crush?
Michael B Jordan. Mmm guurl, have you seen Creed? Damn… (Sorry K)
What’s your favourite social media site?
YouTube, I love YouTube and wish I had invented it. It’s considered a social media site right? If not then I’d say Instagram. I find myself scrolling through it every day after watching a few YouTube videos. I haven’t quite gotten the hang of Twitter yet as I’m still new to it but it could become a favourite one day. I’ll finally see why Donald Trump loves it so much…
What’s your go to source for inspiration?
I read through the blog posts in my WordPress reader a lot and use Twitter and Pinterest to get some ideas. However, most of my inspiration comes from something I did, spoke about or thought about during the week. Trying to find inspiration in my own life as well as others.
What’s your favourite song?
This is a hard one. I don’t think I have a favourite song. From hip hop, R’&’b, and Reggae to Jazz, Soul and Gospel, my iTunes library is too big for me to pick just one.
What’s one thing on your bucket list?
I have such a huge bucket list (in my head) so one thing on it would be to travel around the world. I want to experience different foods, cultures, languages and all the things this beautiful world has to offer. We’re not in it for very long.
What’s your favourite TV show?
How to Get Away with Murder and Homes Under the Hammer. One is for pleasure and the other is for business. Can you guess which one is which? I’m joking they are both for pleasure but Homes Under the Hammer is more for business reasons. I’d one day like to own my own property and this show helps me pick up a few tips for when I’m finally ready to take that step.
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
“Stop hiding yourself, love yourself like no one else can”. These are the lyrics to a song called Mirror by Lalah Hathaway. The entire song is the best advice I’ve ever received and I’m on the journey to taking it.
And that’s it.
So now I have to nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 question.
Here are my nominees:
- @BornfreeWithT1 – Born Free with T
- @BethanyHutson09 – allthepassionstrings.com
- @geebeautyx – http://themusingsofamakeupenthusiast.blogspot.co.uk/
- @ZeeZoetic – https://zeezoetic.com/
- @racheltblog – http://racheltuggle.com/
- @20snevermore – https://twentiesnevermore.wordpress.com/
- @bloggingandme – https://bloggingandmeblog.wordpress.com/
- @Fashionchicview – https://fashionchicview.me/
- @libertys_closet – libertyscloset.co.uk
And here are my 11 Questions!
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is the 1 thing you wish you knew before starting a blog?
- How do you manage your day to day and still maintain your commitment to blogging?
- How many places have you travelled to and which one has been your favourite?
- If you were to invite 3 celebrities to your home for dinner, who would they be?
- What’s your signature dish?
- Book or Movie?
- How would you describe yourself in just three words?
- What would you change about your life right now?
- What are 3 things you hope to achieve by the end of 2017?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
I could only come up with 9 that I felt had interesting blogs with under 200 Twitter followers.
Make sure to check them out and show their blog some love!
If you are reading this and I haven’t nominated you, please feel free to leave a link to your blog in the comment section below.
Lydia x | https://lydonlife.wordpress.com/